Swanigan Family

Swanigan Family
Dustin, Derrick, Angie, Mike and Paige

Monday, February 1, 2010

Visa's and Travel Approvals

Well, our courier emailed me tonight that our passports and Visa's were picked up from the consolute today and sent back to me via Fed Ex. I should have them by tomorrow at noon. One more thing to not have to worry about.

We have heard since last week that travel approvals for 12/28 referrals were arriving but had not heard from our agency that our TA's were here. Today RQ reported that the next batch of referrals was arriving and I couldn't stand it anymore. TA's for the last batch are almost always here before or about the same time as referrals. I finally emailed our agency and asked when they thought we would get them. They quickly responded and said our TA's were sent on Friday and should be here today or tomorrow. One would think they would know for certain the date (since they are not sent USPS there should be tracking on them). But at this point any info is better than none.

I did not here from them before 5pm today so I am assuming we will here tomorrow that the TA's arrived. Now they can request our American Consulate Appointments. Once those appointments are confirmed we will have official travel dates and can book our airfare.

I am keeping busy washing and folding clothes that I've gotten from Jen, Cheryl and Nicole. I just realized that a tote in Paige's room (that I've had for several years now) contains clothes from Nicole and not toys. So I have to go through those. This is good news though as Jen gave me mostly dresses and I still needed more casual clothes and this tote is full of nice casual clothes. I'm feeling a little like I won't have to do any shopping for girl clothes, which kind of bums me out since I've only ever been able to shop for boy clothes and always looked longingly at the cute girl clothes. I'm sure I helped Nicole pick out some of the stuff Sabrina wore that is in that tote though! And I am certain a few new things will find their way into Paige's closet. :)

Hopefully late this week or early next week I can confirm our travel dates.

No comments:

Post a Comment